Away from home – ten things I learned. Thoughts, lessons, and inspiration from seven months in Australia and New Zealand.
1. The more you understand about the world, the more you’ll appreciate its beauty.
2. You’ll be surprised at what you’re capable of, but only if you have the courage to attempt what you’re unsure of.
3. Never underestimate the impact you’ve had on the lives of others.
4. Dreams aren’t meant for just weekends and holidays. Build your life around them.
5. Don’t confuse loneliness for the social pressure of popularity.
6. You must learn how to express yourself – put your thoughts into words and your words into actions.
7. Having the support of your friends is invaluable, having the strength to go it alone is vital.
8. Take the time to acknowledge your successes before you reach for new goals. And don’t be so hard on yourself.
9. Life should not be an exercise in self protection. Always smile at the pretty girls.
10. Surround yourself with what you love, then absorb it.
About to get real around here folks. I’ll be spending the next month living in a campervan. Anybody who wants some New Zealand in their Instagram feed follow me @dcbryan
1931 | AFGHANISTAN - In his favorite picture, legendary National Geographic photojournalist Maynard Owen Williams marveled how, in this Herat, Afghanistan, bazaar, no one blinked during the three seconds required to make the exposure. (Photo by Maynard Owen Williams) #
NASA recently released hundred of high resolution film scans from the Gemini space missions, which took place in 1965 and 1966.
I’ve gone through the database and made iPhone wallpapers out of what I thought were some of the best photos. The wallpapers are made for iPhone 4 and 4s with retina displays.
Download full res images or a zip of the whole set.
Holding Geometry in Your Hand: Matthew Shlian, 3D in Paper, for Ghostly International